出国旅游经历/ Experience Traveling Abroad

Podcast Audio:

Audio Transcription:

玉兰: 大家好,欢迎来到春学期第一次的播客。 我是文玉兰在这儿欢迎我们的新同学邱文颢。
Hello everyone! Welcome to our first podcast of spring quarter! I’m Wen Yulan [Maggie] here welcoming our new classmate Qiu Wenhao.

文颢:大家好,我是邱文颢。霍邱的邱,中文的文,崔颢的颢。认识你们很高兴!
Hello everyone! I’m Qiu Wenhao; “Qiu” as in the province Huoqiu, “Wen” from “Chinese” and “Hao” like Cui Hao. Nice to meet you!
(t/n: explaining which characters are used in a name by giving examples of common words, places, or famous people that also use those characters)

玉兰:这次我认为我们可以谈论我们不同的旅行经验。怎么样?
This time, I thought we could discuss our different travel experiences. How does that sound?

文颢:可以!听起来好玩儿。
Sure! Sounds fun.

玉兰:你去过哪些国家,城市呢?
Which Countries and Cities have you been to?

文颢:我去过中国,主要是北京,香港,和青岛!
I’ve been to China, mainly Beijing, Hong Kong, and Qingdao.

玉兰:那,哪个城市是最有意思的?
So, which city is the most interesting?

文颢:对我来说,最有意思的是北京。
For me, the most interesting was Beijing.

玉兰:哦,听说北京有很多有意思的景点。是真的吗?
Wow, I’ve heard Beijing has a lot of interesting tourist attractions. Is that true?

文颢:是啊!我去了长城,紫禁城,和别的很古老的地方。
It is! I went to the Great wall, the Forbidden City, and other ancient places.

玉兰:很多,哪个给你留下最深的印象?
That’s a lot, which left you with the deepest impression?

文颢:长城给我留下很深的印象,因为那里的风景很美。
The Great Wall left me with the deepest impression, because the scenery there is very beautiful.

玉兰:长城这么大,你怎么上去的?需要门票吗?
The Great Wall is so big, how did you get to the top? Did you need entrance tickets?

文颢:我们坐了升降椅。我不知道有没有票,因为我参加了旅行团。
We took a chair lift. I don’t know if you need a ticket because I went with a tour group.

玉兰:我们的大学的旅行团,对吗?你们的旅行团团费包括了什么?
Our university’s tour group, right? What did your tour group fee include?

文颢:是的。包括了游览北京三天,从北京到青岛的高铁票,然后 在青岛留学五个星期的学费,住宿费。
Right. It included sightseeing in Beijing for three days, the high-speed rail ticket from Beijing to Qingdao, and then five weeks of tuition and accommodations in Qingdao.

玉兰:那在青岛的生活呢?那里的海洋大学的校园怎么样?餐厅的食物好吃吗?
Then how about life in Qingdao? How’s the campus at Ocean University? Is the dining hall food good?

文颢:海洋大学的餐厅是非常好的。很便宜,也比西华大的更好吃。
Ocean University’s dining hall is really good. Very cheap, and tastier than at Western’s.

玉兰:有一道最喜欢的菜吗?
Did you have a favorite dish?

文颢:我每天吃饺子!一盘是十块钱。
I ate dumplings every day! A plate is 10 yuan.

玉兰:哇! 真的很便宜!其实,我今年夏天也打算去 青岛。关于哪里去,什么做,你有什么建议呢?
Wow! Really cheap! Actually, this summer I am also planning to go to Qingdao. Do you have any suggestions about where to go or what to do?

文颢:我建议你去青岛的海边儿。然后,必须去李村的购物中心买东西。
I suggest you go to Qingdao’s seaside. Then, you must go shopping at the mall in Licun.

玉兰:好,谢谢你的建议,我一定会去看一看。
Okay, thanks for your suggestion, I will definitely go take a look.

文颢:你去过什么国家?你最喜欢的是哪一个?
What countries have you been to? Which one is your favorite?

玉兰:我已经去过日本,和韩国。要选最喜欢的一个很难回答。因为它们都很棒,但是我觉得日本更有意思。
I’ve already been to Japan and Korea. It’s hard to choose which one I like better because they’re both great, but I think Japan is more interesting.

文颢:为什么?
Why?

玉兰:因为我去过日本的一些比较小的城市,人不是那么多,但风景很美,可以让你好好休息。
Because I went to some relatively small cities in Japan. There are not too many people, but the scenery is beautiful; it can let you have a good rest.

文颢:喔,真的?哪一个小城市是你最喜欢的?
Oh, really? Which small city is your favorite?

玉兰:一定是一个叫做高山的城市。那里有许多独具特色的传统建筑。
It’s definitely a small city named Takayama. There is a lot of unique traditional architecture there.
(t/n: The city name “Takayama“ in Japanese is written as 高山 , which is pronounced “Gāoshān” in Chinese.)

文颢:你是参加旅行团去游览的吗?
Did you join a tour group to go sightseeing?

玉兰:没有,我自助游。
No, I traveled on my own.

文颢:喔,很酷啊!你给别的想自助游的游客什么建议?
Wow, how cool! Do you have any advice for tourists who want to travel independently?

玉兰:可以,我觉得,去外国旅行时候,千万不要只去大城市和著名的地方,一定要找到更当地的景点。
Sure, I think that when traveling to a foreign country you absolutely must not only go to big cities and famous places, you must find more local attractions as well.

文颢:好的,谢谢!
Okay, thanks!

玉兰:好,时间差不多到了。 谢谢你参加我们的播客。
Okay, time is almost up. Thank you for joining our podcast.

文颢:没事儿!谢谢你请我来。
No problem! Thank you for inviting me.

玉兰:当然,我们给 听众朋友一个 “下次见” 吧!
Of course, let’s give our listeners a “see you next time”!

文颢:谢谢大家!
Thanks everyone!

都:下次见!
See you next time!

Nevaeh Qiu & Maggie Wettergreen

Nevaeh Qiu and Maggie Wettergreen are students in the second year of the Chinese program at WWU. This podcast interview was written as part of a class assignment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *