Podcast Audio:
Audio Transcription:
玉兰: 欢迎大家来到我们的冬学期第一次的播客!我是文玉兰,在这儿跟我们的同学山一起为大家带来节目。
Welcome, everyone, to our first podcast of winter quarter! I’m Wen Yulan [Maggie], here with our classmate Shan to bring you a program.
山: 大家好!我是山。今天的节目是一个有声剧,是关于两个母亲的故事。这两个母亲先在咖啡馆见面。
Hi everyone! I’m Shan. Today’s program is an audio drama about the story of two mothers. First, these two mothers are meeting in a coffee shop.
玉兰:那我们一起来听吧!
Then let’s go listen!
山:好的。
Okay.
******
山:姐,你好!谢谢你跟我见面。
Hi big sister! (t/n: way of addressing older female friends, not necessarily blood related) Thanks for meeting with me.
玉兰:别太客气了!你的孩子怎么样?
Don’t be so polite! How is your child?
山:他有个很严重的问题。
He has a serious problem.
玉兰:真的吗?什么问题?
Really? What problem?
山:他整天从早到晚玩儿游戏。看起来他上瘾了!
He plays games all day long from morning until night. It looks like he’s become addicted!
玉兰:那你要怎么帮助他呢?
So how do you help him?
山:昨天我告诉他,每个星期只能玩儿一个小时。
Yesterday I told him that he can only play for one hour a week.
玉兰:你不觉得有点严格吗?我的两个孩子做完功课以后, 想玩多久就玩多久。
Don’t you think it’s a bit strict? After my two children finish their homework, they can play as long as they want.
山:在网上多久都可以吗?
They can spend as much time online as they want?
玉兰:对啊!但是必须先做完功课。
Yes! But they must finish all their homework first.
山:可是网上垃圾太多。
But there is too much garbage online.
玉兰:我知道,但是我相信我的孩子。
I know, but I trust my kids.
山:我不想让我的孩子受到垃圾的影响。
I don’t want my kids to be exposed to trash.
玉兰:你不可能永远保护他,不管怎么样,他最后自己都会看到那些垃圾信息。
You can’t protect him forever. No matter what, he will eventually see the junk information himself.
山:这个我知道,可是我以为我的规则对他的成绩有好处。
I know this, but I thought my rules would be good for his grades.
玉兰:那,你有什么新情况就告诉我吧。我们可以再讨论讨论。
Then, if you have any new information, please tell me. We can discuss it further.
******
玉兰:这么有意思,这两个人有很不同的想法。
Very interesting, these two people have very different ideas.
山: 但是他们的想法都很有趣。
But their ideas are interesting.
玉兰: 我想知道孩子们怎么想。
I wonder what the kids think.
山:看起来,他们正在网上聊天。
It looks like they are chatting online right now.
玉兰:我们去看看吧!
Let’s go have a look!
******
山:哎呀,我妈让我烦死了。整天唠叨!
Geeze, my mom annoys me to death. Nagging all day long!
玉兰:哦?怎么回事儿,大哥?
oh? What’s going on, bro?
山:我之前的考试成绩是有一点点低的。现在可好了,可她又限制我上网的时间。
My previous test scores were a little low. It’s okay now, but she limits my time online again.
玉兰:又是啊?我记得之前你只能一周玩三个小时,对不对?
Again? I remember before you could only play for three hours a week, right?
山:对啊!但是,她还不知道我可以用邻居的网络。我每天就等她睡觉以后,偷偷上网。
yes! But, she still doesn’t know that I can use the neighbor’s network. Every day I wait for her to go to bed and sneak online.
玉兰:难怪我总是看到你在晚上十一点以后玩游戏。
No wonder I always see you playing games after eleven at night.
山:当然,我一定要得到我的游戏时间,这样才能玩不过瘾啊。
Of course, I must have my gaming time, otherwise I won’t be satisfied.
玉兰:那,你为什么不先学习再玩呢?
Then, why don’t you study first, then play?
山:为什么要? 我整天在学校学习,累都累死了,回家就想休息。
Why should I? I study at school all day long, it’s exhausting. When I get home I just want to rest.
玉兰:有道理。而我,只要我完成功课,成绩没问题,我妈妈不管我上网的活动。
Makes sense. As for me, as long as I finish my homework and my grades are fine, my mom doesn’t care about my online activities.
山:希望我妈妈能这样就好了。 无论我做什么,她老是掌控我。
Wish my mom could be like that. No matter what I do, she always controls me.
玉兰: 真糟糕啊。所以,你明晚想再玩游戏吗?
That sucks. So, do you want to play games again tomorrow night?
山:当然了!
Of course!
******
玉兰:原来这些孩子不太乖。不过,我们可以听到家长和小孩双方不同的意见,真不错。
It turns out that these children are not very obedient. However, it is great that we can hear the different opinions of both parents and children.
山:对对, 这个有声剧很好玩。
Yes, this audio drama is really fun.
玉兰:谢谢你参加我们的播客!
Thank you for participating in our podcast!
山: 不客气!
No thanks needed!
玉兰: 好啊,听众朋友下次见!
Okay, see you next time listeners!
都:再见!
Bye!